Rates to set high season prices and minimum stay

News and new feature announcements
markkinchin
Site Admin

Rates have a new Do Not Undercut the Rate setting.
When this option is selected a lower price from any other rate will not be offered on days the Do Not Undercut Rate is valid.
The same applies to it's minimum stay period. For example if a Do Not Undercut Rate has a minimum stay of 2 nights, other rates which may have a 1 night stay will not be offered on the same days.

The normal system strategy is to offer the lowest rate which meets the hosts rules and the guests requirements.
The Do Not Undercut option is an easy and powerful way to enforce higher prices during specific periods without having to change your normal rates.
It can also be used in combination with the Allowed Nights settings to set special minimum stay or price conditions only on certain days of the week.
amberbb

markkinchin wrote:The Do Not Undercut option is an easy and powerful way to enforce higher prices during specific periods without having to change your normal rates.
Nice one, Mark!

We always jack our prices up over Christmas and New Year (which coincides with school Summer holidays in New Zealand and is thus a "Super Peak") and this will mean that we can simplify our rates grid by just having Summer and Winter prices (with Christmas over-riding the Summer prices) rather than a Summer 1 price from 22 October to 22 December and a second Summer 2 from 2 January to 22 April...

One query though:

It's clear that a rate set with this new flag will trump any lesser rates and minimum nights setting, but what about "Rate Type"?

All my other rates are set to "Default (as set by booking rules)", will this "trump" rate mean that all bookings are on request during a particular period if I set this "trump" rate to "Request CC - request only with Credit Card collection" ?
Amber House Limited trading as AMBER HOUSE - at the centre!™
Mobile: +64 21 202 4961
Phone: +64 3 539 0605
Fax: +44 70 05 96 34 37
http://www.AmberHouse.co.nz
Amber House, 46 Weka Street, Nelson 7010, New Zealand
markkinchin
Site Admin

amberbb wrote: One query though:

It's clear that a rate set with this new flag will trump any lesser rates and minimum nights setting, but what about "Rate Type"?

All my other rates are set to "Default (as set by booking rules)", will this "trump" rate mean that all bookings are on request during a particular period if I set this "trump" rate to "Request CC - request only with Credit Card collection" ?
The rate type from the "Do not undercut" rate will be used along with it's price and minimum stay settings.
As this is a new function I would appreciate any feedback about it working correctly (or not).
amberbb

markkinchin wrote:The rate type from the "Do not undercut" rate will be used along with it's price and minimum stay settings.
So a rate that has this flag set will be used in preference to all other non-flagged rates for the relevant period?
I can regard it as "override all other non-flagged rates for the same date".

What happens if 2 (or more) rates are flagged for the same date?
Does the cheapest or the most expensive date win?

(My choice would be the most expensive rate...)
Amber House Limited trading as AMBER HOUSE - at the centre!™
Mobile: +64 21 202 4961
Phone: +64 3 539 0605
Fax: +44 70 05 96 34 37
http://www.AmberHouse.co.nz
Amber House, 46 Weka Street, Nelson 7010, New Zealand
markkinchin
Site Admin

amberbb wrote: What happens if 2 (or more) rates are flagged for the same date?
Does the cheapest or the most expensive date win?
When one or more "Do not undercut" rates apply to the same day the most expensive "Do not undercut" rate will apply.
If there are no "Do not undercut" rates for the day the cheapest price will apply (as normal).