New Calendar released for beta testing

News and new feature announcements
annettemorgenroth

We have released a completely new calendar for the control panel for beta testing.

How to access the new dynamic multi-calendar

Open the calendar and a 2 to the URL:
https://beds24.com/control3.php?pagetype=calendar2

Please note that this calendar is only available in the new control panel. If you have not yet switched to the new control panel you can do this in (SETTINGS) ACCOUNT > PREFERENCES.

What is new?
We believe the new Dynamic Multi-Calendar is the most powerful in the market. It offers
* Drag & Drop functions for bookings
* Even more customisation options than the current Calendar
* Better mobile functionality
* Improved functionality for multiple properties
* The option to create and save different views for different tasks

For details please see this help page: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Dynam ... i_Calendar

Accounts with more than then properties might observe performance issues. We are aware of this problem and are working on it. If you see other problems please notify us via a support ticket.
benidormengine

It looks nice, but i am having some problems after some minutes of use:

+ Only 3 propierties expanded at the same time. So i can not see all my reservations at once.
+ When i make changes, sometimes i need to refresh the page (F5). Not really a problem if i can save the view for future use.
+ Name of the day + the day, is too much information to be bold and large at the top (needless to have the number of the day).
+ I have to change all the colors that I use (for rooms for example), because now the font color doesn't change automatically like before. It is ok, just more time to set up views.
+ I can't find a button to print, and I use it every day. (Edit: SOLVED! The browser print button now works with colors - background graphics, best than old version).
+ I dont know how to hide daily prices linked. (Edit: SOLVED!)
+ I have 26 icons for help, all of them with the same information (one per property). For me, the icons there are not usefull: add note, intelligence and help: 78 icons in my calendar. If i expand a property, i even have x3 icons with the same information! It is importanto to have 234 icons for help with the same information in my calendar?

I like it, but I think I will need a few more hours to adapt it. The biggest problem I see is that I can only have 3 properties and rooms expanded at a time.
benidormengine

Thanks, now i can see the "Max expanded properties" and it is very helpful for me. Thanks to this change, now I can move to the new calenciar.

At this moment i have a bug: In none of my saved calendars i can see the RATES. Daily rates are in blank (also the linked daily rates).
I know this is a Beta version, but just in case you dont know about the problem.

Another bug: for some rooms, i can read "-5 available" or "-2 available" ... when i have 1 available ... i dont know why.

Thanks again.
lesleywoermeijer

Can you raise a support ticket the the details of the issues you have so we can check your setup and investigate the issues.
benidormengine

lesleywoermeijer wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:49 am
Can you raise a support ticket the the details of the issues you have so we can check your setup and investigate the issues.
Its done! Thanks
[email protected]

Hi

i tried several time since the beta launch couple of weeks ago and i am still not convieced of the balance of higly cutomizable calendar you propose. It is nice to be able to customize, but i had issue to find the right simnple view I want and to keep it everytime i open my calendra

I have trouble to understand how to get a condensated viwe of all my property. I maynly rely on the calendar to see my bookings, my availibilty, check price, check min stay and overide availibility.

I see a bug, i have set up a no check in/check out overide on saturdays but it is , in the new calendar it shows on sunday. I have other overide that doesn't show at all in the new calendar
annettemorgenroth

[email protected] wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:06 pm
I see a bug, i have set up a no check in/check out overide on saturdays but it is , in the new calendar it shows on sunday. I
I had a look at your calendar and can not see a problem with the overrides. They show on Saturday: https://screencast-o-matic.com/i/crjvjlVQ2Xm

All you need to do when you have found the view you want is press SAVE. Please see here how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g-nF_QCOhk
benidormengine

A bug
When i try to rename a view, if i press "Accept" without changing the name, some of the saved views disapear. Lost forever :roll:

A suggestion
In Style you have the option to hide the settings icon "show settings icons", thats great.
To have a clear calendar, i suggest to add a "show help icons" because the help icons are killing my calendar (too many for me at this moment, one per row)

Thanks
lesleywoermeijer

We have tried to recreate the issue you have identified, can you please raise a Support ticket, so we can investigate further.
benidormengine

I continue with the same problem. it's frustrating.

I have my "views" configured, if after a few days, I change something, or create a new view, I lose all the saved views and I have to start over.

If I configure everything again, it seems to work fine, but if after a few days I add a view, I lose everything again. It doesn't happen if I add views on the same day, but if I add a new one after a few days.