i-Pad app or software?

News and new feature announcements
tgh18b

Is it possible to download the software (or have an app) for a 'desktop' diary )as I have on my PC?
Ruth
The Green House on the Hill, Napier
quillan

I have MS and an Android phone. I followed this thread

https://www.beds24.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=44

Simply export and in my case import in to Outlook then let my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy SII) import in to it's calendar, set the calendar to list which displays all the books on one full size screen which you can scroll through by week. This means if I am out and about and somebody phones me I can check the dates for availability, make a note and add them to the bookings when I get home. It might sound a bit complicated to start with but once you get used to doing it you can complete the whole process in less than 30 seconds.

The benefit is that you don't need a data connection when away from home which obviously costs you money every time you connect. Even if you have data included in your mobile tariff it quickly burns up the MB if you connect via the Internet which both the browser version and the stand alone version.

IPhone and Ipad devices are quite happy importing the file format the above link creates, give it a try.
tgh18b

Thanks for the suggestion but i don't really understand what you mean!!!
quillan

Using the information in the link I gave allows you to export reservations from Beds24 and import them in to your device calendar.
markkinchin
Site Admin

If you want an easy way to import your bookings into a google calendar, there is a synchroniser channel that can do it.
Enable the iCal channel in the synchroniser and you can have google automatically read your bookings out of beds24 and show them in your google calendar on whatever device you are using to view the calendar.
See the iCAL setup instruction in the synchroniser for more info.
tgh18b

mark, have finally got round to trying to create a Google calendar and to import the iCal data, unfortunately, after waiting for about 1/2hr, nothing actually appears on the Google Calendar.
I think i have attached a screen shot to show what I am seeing.
Would be really useful if i could use this to enable me to see my bookings on my ipad. :?
Attachments
Beds24calendar.jpg
Beds24calendar.jpg (75.52 KiB) Viewed 6607 times
markkinchin
Site Admin

tgh18b wrote:unfortunately, after waiting for about 1/2hr, nothing actually appears on the Google Calendar.
The update rate is set by Google because they initiate the communination.
Usually they will update the calendar immediately you enable it in google calendar and then periodically thereafter.
Make sure it is enabled in the synchroniser first and then enable it in google calendar.
You can check the URL by putting it into a browser, it should allow you to download an iCal file if the URL is correct.
tgh18b

Just an update, Google calendar is working well BUT I would really like to be able to see who is staying rather than just their booking number!
Is there anything in the pipeline for mac users in the way of a desktop calendar? (I have recently changed to mac).
Ruth :?
annettemorgenroth

ICal has no password protection therefore we do not send any personal information.

A new desktop software is one of our long term projects. We will let you know when it is ready to use.
tgh18b

Not too long term I hope! I really miss my desktop calendar!! :)