Download CSV from Custom Report (Minor Bug)

Guides to quickly getting up and running with Beds24
celedorph

This is just a minor bug, but when downloading a CSV for the Custom Report, there is no file extension specified (the file downloaded is just 'download').

This makes it necessary to rename the file with a csv extension so it is properly opened by the associated programs.

On a related note - a more meaningful filename (based on the custom report and the report dates) might also be desirable instead of 'download'.
annettemorgenroth

You should have a .csv ending if you click on the csv button. Which browser are you using?
celedorph

Hi,

I've just tested and this occurs using the latest Chrome [Version 61.0.3163.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)]
buckinghamhouse

In a related type of extension observation (also using Chrome), when you choose Excel as the file type to download your file it creates a .XLT extension which is an Excel Template file type. Then you have to find the file and change the extension or it doesn't open properly.

The excel file also has a generic file name (just "download") and I concur that it would be helpful to have a filename related to the custom report just downloaded.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Some browsers do not respect the suggested filename and extension.

If this happens, save the file to disk and rename it with the correct extension first. Then open it.
thierry

Hello,

I experience the same issue with both Chrome and Microsoft Edge (latest versions at December 12, 2020): all my Beds24 custom reports which are exported in CSV format are named "download" without extension. Clearly, this is painfull and a big waste of time to have to rename the file afterward.

I have a doubt that this is a browser-related issue, as all other web apps that I've expereinced so far with Chrome and Edge tend to export csv files with appropriate filenames and extensions.

Even if this issue was due to the browser, I think that Beds24 should find out on how to accomodate the browser-related issue, rather than Google or Microsoft adapting their browser to Beds24.

Am I wrong ?

Thierry