Booking Link for Mobile site

Guides to quickly getting up and running with Beds24
tgh18b

Hi Mark, just wanting to know if the is a 'pared' down customisable booking page for a mobile sized site? I am trying to design Mobile friendly pages and a booking button to a small booking calendar would be perfect (I think!).
The Green House on the Hill, Napier
markkinchin
Site Admin

We are working on a new booking page that will be more customisable and have many new features, optimisation for mobile and tablet devices being one of them. I was hoping to have it ready by the end of July but sometime in August is now looking more likely.
tgh18b

Excellent! Will look forward to it.
The Green House on the Hill, Napier
colnrita

Hello,

When I reduce the window size of my booking page the columns for the image, book button and calendar stay the same size, but the central text column becomes impossibly narrow before the everything starts to crop out of the screen until only the image is left. I know mobile users generally have the ability now to rotate or zoom in on a page, however the problem was reported to me by someone who doesn't, or who doesn't know how to. I thought a responsive site should rearrange the elements into a single column for mobile users, or as a bare minimum provide some horizontal scrolling. The "mobile" link on the booking page is easily overlooked being right at the bottom; is it possible to serve this version first, on a site designed for mobile phone users?

Please tell me if this has already been fixed, if it is not perceived as an issue, or if I have missed something :(
annettemorgenroth

When the guest uses a mobile the booking page opens automatically in mobile view. The links at the bottom of the page let allows to change between mobile and desktop view.

In desktop view the picture size was fixed. You are right - it does not look good in certain conditions. We have added a new setting for the desktop view in SETTINGS-> BOOKING PAGE -> PICTURES which lets you choose if you want the picture to be responsive or fixed and the text to wrap under the picture or not.