How to use the Forum

Guides to quickly getting up and running with Beds24
markkinchin
Site Admin

Welcome to the Beds24 forum, here are a few tips for using this forum.

You must be signed into Beds24 to use the forum.
Your Beds24 username is also your forum user name, these must be the same. If you would like to change your username please contact us, we have to do it manually.
At the bottom of each topic and forum is a footer that contains a link starting with either "Subscribe ...." or "Unsubscribe ..." These links allow you to easily subscribe to the forums and topics that interest you.
When subscribed you will be notified by email of new posts to that topic or forum.
Please post in the most relevant category to receive the best response.
markkinchin
Site Admin

To change your forum email address go to User Control Panel >> Profile >> Edit Account Settings.
The forum software requires a password confirmation to change your email address.

If you have not already done so you will need to generate a forum password.
To do this logout of the forum and find the I forgot my password link where you try to login again.
You will need to enter your forum username and the current email address registered in the forum.
Follow the instructions in the resulting email you receive and you can login and use the new password to update your settings.

Note: you can still enter the forum directly from Beds24 without a password.
amberbb

markkinchin wrote: If you have not already done so you will need to generate a forum password.
To do this logout of the forum and find the I forgot my password link where you try to login again.
You will need to enter your forum username and the current email address registered in the forum.
This doesn't seem to be working for me Mark.

After I log out I get this screen:
After logging out...
After logging out...
Beds24.com-NoForums20120322.jpeg (63.92 KiB) Viewed 32665 times
(telling me rather bizarrely that this board has "no forums" and "no registered users")

and then, when I enter my usual Beds24.com user name and password, the second and all subsequent screens refuse to recognise them. After I click the "I forgot my password link", my usual email address (the Gmail one where Beds24.com sends our new bookings to) is not recognised as valid:
Beds24.comNoUser20120322.jpeg
Beds24.comNoUser20120322.jpeg (39.84 KiB) Viewed 32664 times
markkinchin wrote: Note: you can still enter the forum directly from Beds24 without a password.
Thank heaven for that!

UPDATE, 15 minutes later:

OK, I've now tried permutations of upper and lower case in the email addresses of both the public one of
[email protected]
visible here:
https://www.beds24.com/control.php?page ... escription

and the private one of
Am***[email protected]
visible here:
https://www.beds24.com/control.php?pagetype=help

and neither work, I'm afraid.

Please would you be so kind as to privately email me with the exact string that this phpBB® Forum Software thinks is our email address, Mark?
Amber House Limited trading as AMBER HOUSE - at the centre!™
Mobile: +64 21 202 4961
Phone: +64 3 539 0605
Fax: +44 70 05 96 34 37
http://www.AmberHouse.co.nz
Amber House, 46 Weka Street, Nelson 7010, New Zealand
[email protected]

Could you fix he search function. Whatever search word i use it is returning they are too common.
markkinchin
Site Admin

For anyone finding this thread, please note the above instruction is 9 years old and for an earlier version of the forum software.