Sending a quote

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
[email protected]

I often have guests contact me directly, and I may offer them a discounted price with a different cancellation policy.

Is there any way I can send a custom quote to a guest with a payment link detailing the price and cancellation policy. I would like the status of the booking to automatically change to confirmed once they make the payment using the link provided.
annettemorgenroth

You can use this method: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Proposal_or_quote do send a poposal or quote.
[email protected]

Thanks. That makes sense.

How do I add custom information to the quote. For example free early check-in, or non-standard cancellation policy.
annettemorgenroth

When you click to send the Email it will open and you can customise the text.
[email protected]

Great. I am almost there. I have managed to create a payment link for guests to pay for the quote. I can see there is a link to "view booking" on the payment page. I wish to disable this. I have disabled guest login in settings but the "view booking" link is still visible on the payment page. Is there a way to disable this?

Also could you please talk me through creating a trigger to automatically change the status from request to confirmed once payment is made.

Thank you for being patient with me.

Kind regards
[email protected]

Also I have done a test quote using the [PAYLINK] for stripe and [PAYPALLINK] to collect payment. I noticed the following issues:

1. No record of the payment received in beds24 for both stripe and paypal link.
2. Stripe payment seems very insecure. Just collects card number, cvc and expiry. For the transaction to be safe ideally cardholder name and billing address should also be collected.
[email protected]

Thanks Annette

I am now set up to send quotes and turn them into bookings which is great. I am trying to get the status to change from Request to Confirmed after successful payment.

I have tried changing the "non payment booking status" to both cancelled, and request, and neither of these settings seem to automatically change the status from request to confirmed upon receipt of payment. How can I achieve this?

Thanks
annettemorgenroth

Have a look at example 6 on this help page: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Auto_Actions
Just set in "Booking" to change the status to "Confirmed".